Back Pain: Symptoms, Diagnosis, Classification, & Treatment
Certain factors place you at an increased risk for developing pain in your back. They include:
- An emotionally or mentally stressful job or career
- Pregnancy: Being pregnant increases your risk of developing back pain
- An inactive or sedentary lifestyle
- Age: Older individuals are more likely to develop back pain than children or younger adults.
- Anxiety can increase your risk of back pain
- Gender: Women more frequently suffer from back pain than men.
- Weight: Being overweight or obese increases your risk of developing back pain.
- Smoking: Smoking cigarettes increases your risk of developing back pain.
- Strenuous physical exercise: especially if exercise is performed incorrectly.
- Strenuous physical work: especially if tasks such as lifting and carrying are not performed correctly