Effective June, 2016
Your Information. Your Rights. Our Responsibilities.
2. HIPAA. In addition, the healthcare providers from the TEMED that you interact with when using the Services are required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) to describe their privacy practices in document called a Notice of Privacy Practices. You can access a copy of this notice on the patient portal.
5. The Personal Information we collect or maintain may include:
6. We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
You can “opt out” of receiving direct marketing or market research information by emailing us at unsubcribe@tEMed.com
7. We may also disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as permitted or allowed by law, as follows:
8. Information we Collect via technology: As you use the Site or the Service, certain information may be passively collected by Cookies, navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) and third party tracking services, including:
9. De-Identified Information. We may use De-Identified Information created by us without restriction.
10. Security of Information Collected. We use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information. Specifically, the Site is protected by SSL 3.0 technology, the leading security protocol for data transfer on the Internet. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Even though there are many benefits to using this Site, as with all electronic communications there are some risks such as (i) failure of hardware, software and/or Internet connections; we are not responsible for failures, distortions, delays, or other problems resulting from equipment configuration, connection, signal power, hardware, software or any equipment used to access the internet; and (ii) no guarantee that the confidentiality or security of electronic transmissions via the Internet can be assured due to potentially unsecure computers and links. This could result in your data becoming lost or intercepted during transmission. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information and to use good judgment before deciding to send information via the Internet. Please note that e-mails and other communications you send to us through our Site are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
11. Modification of Information. You can update some of your personal information through our Site. Requests to modify any information may also be submitted directly to privacy@tEMed.com
12. Deletion of Information. You can close your online account by emailing us at privacy@tEMed.com. If you close your account, we will no longer use your online account information or share it with third parties. We may, however, retain a copy of the information for archival purposes, and to avoid identity theft or fraud.
13. Report Violations. You should report any security violations to us by sending an email to privacy@tEMed.com
14. A Special Note about Children and Minors: TEMED does not knowingly allow individuals under the age of 18 to create accounts that allow access to our Site or use the Services. If you are below the age of 18 you are not permitted to use this Site or the Services.
15. Other Applicable Law. California Residents have special protections under state law regarding the access and use of personal information. CA Civil Code Sec.
475, Prospect Ave
West Orange, NJ 07052